Total Pageviews

Music Magazine Questionnaire Conclusion

I got an even sample, using 50% male and 50% female. this was to make sure that both audiences would be catered for and that both view points would be considered.
The majority of my audience however was aged 15-17. This was deliberatly done because i knew that i wanted to create my magazine for this age group, and therefore i needed to collect information about the wants and needs of my target audience.
I found out that most of my audience said that they bought monthly magazines. therefore i can incorporate a lot more information and news from a whole month of journalism.
Generally most people paid £2.00 - £3.00 for their favourite magazine, therefore i will cost my magazine at £2.50.


The most popular features, and therefore the ones i will definitely include in my magazine, were:
- Music reviews
- diary of forthcoming events
- interviews
- reports and articles
and true life stories and accounts.


The two most popular choices for aesthetics were minimalist and bright colours, so i intend to use black and white as my main colours and incorporate a splash of a bright colour. Much like the professional music magazine i researched, Q magazine.


To help me create a music magazine specifically catered to my audience i needed to know the genres of music they mostly listened to, these were the top 5:
1. Indie
2. R&B
3. House/techno
4. Dubstep
5. Rock
from this selection it is pretty obvious that my audience has a wide range of tastes, so i intend to include as many as possible however i will concentrate more on the indie perspective.

Other information that i learnt about my readership was that they read music magazines such as Q, NME and Kerrang!, they prefer a black and white/minimalistic colour scheme and they would like products such as clothes, perfume, new albums and alcohol to be advertised.